Denver Omelet Casserole
Good as a brunch meal without a lot of hassle! It has a great home cooked taste and a little spice to make this a tasty go to. Serve it with hashbrowns, bacon and a fresh bowl of fruit.
Makes 6-7 Servings
- 8 eggs
- ½ c half and half cream
- 1 c shredded cheese (cheddar or Mexican mix)
- ½ c diced ham
- 1 tb butter
- Half a bell pepper, diced
- Half an onion, diced
- 1 Jalapeno, diced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and cream together.
- In a small frying pan, melt butter on medium heat. Fry bell pepper, onion and jalapeno until fragrant and the onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the onion mixture in to the egg and mix until combined.
- Pour into a greased 9 inch baking dish.
- Bake in oven for 25 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
Don’t have half and half?
Mix together a half a cup of heavy whipping cream and half a cup of regular milk! I always have heavy whipping cream on hand because it has so many uses! You can also turn heavy whipping cream into sour cream. Simply take a cup of heavy cream and add a tablespoon of white vinegar. Allow it to sit for 5 minutes and then stir it. It will have curdled, gotten thicker and now you have sour cream!