Death By Chocolate Cake
Have you ever had such a rich dessert it left your mouth dry? Hold onto your seat, you’re going to need a whopping glass of milk to go with this! The chocolate cake once out of the oven, literally melts in your mouth. And even days later, you bite into a slice of chocolatey heaven and get a chocolate chip and it just melts away.
- 1 (15.25 ounce) Package Devil’s Food Cake Mix
- 1 (5.9 ounce) Package Instant Chocolate Pudding Mix
- 1 c Sour Cream (See bottom for substitute)
- 1 c Organic Coconut Oil
- 4 eggs
- ½ c Warm Water
- 2 c Semi-Sweet/Dark Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease bundt pan until well coated, set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cake and pudding mixes, sour cream, oil, beaten eggs and water. Stir in the chocolate chips and pour batter into pan.
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes, or until top is springy to the touch and a wooden toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool cake thoroughly in pan to allow it to set and keep its form.
- If desired, dust cake with powdered sugar or melt chocolate and drizzle over top!
Ever need sour cream but you dont have any on hand? That’s alright! All you need is one cup of heavy whipping cream and one tablespoon of White Distilled Vinegar. Mix the vinegar into the cream and allow the cream to curdle, about 3 minutes. Then once its thickened, add it into the recipe like you would the sour cream!