Cereal Marshmallow Treats
Similar to the original “ Rice Krispies Treats” recipe but with fruity cereals instead! Good for those days when you have a sweet tooth. This recipe is fun because you can customize it to your liking. As long as you have at least 6 cups of cereal in the end, you really cant go wrong, the possibilities are endless!! This version is just my favorite.
Makes 8 servings
- 5tb Butter & additonal for sides of pan
- 1 bag (5 1/2 c) of Miniature Marshmallows)
- 1tp Vanilla Extract
- 1c Lucky Charms
- 2c Fruit Loops
- 3c Fruity Pebbles
- Rub butter on the sides in an 8x8x2 Cooking Dish and set aside.
- In a large pot melt butter and vanilla extract over low heat.
- Add in marshmallows, one hand at a time to ensure even melting.
- Once completely melted, remove from heat and fold in cereals.
- Dump cereal into 8x8x2 Cooking Dish, add a little butter to your hands and firmly press the cereal down evenly into the pan.
- Allow to cool for 10 min then enjoy!
The butter helps keep the marshmallow from sticking to your hands and making a mess. After a while you can start to tell when you need to apply more butter, as your hands will slowly stick to the cereal treats.