Basil Chicken with Tomato Garlic Sauce
This is a very flavorful dish with bursts of basil and garlic paired with the delicate taste of fresh tomatoes and juicy browned chicken served over steaming pasta that will keep you smiling and wanting for more!
- 4 Whole Chicken Breasts
- 2 tsp Seasoned Salt
- Pinch of Pepper
- ¼ c Organic Coconut Oil
- 3 tb Garlic, Grated
- ½ c Fresh Basil, Cut Into Shreds
- ½ tsp Dried Oregano
- ½ tsp Onion Powder
- ¼ tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- ¼ c Butter
- 8 oz Pasta. Linguine, Bowtie or other
- ½ c Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- ¼ c Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Pound each piece of chicken to an even thickness, about one inch or so in the thickest parts, this helps it cook more evenly. Sprinkle with season salt and pepper.
- Prepare tomatoes, garlic, and basil in separate dishes and set aside.
- Make the pasta according to package directions. Drain when they are el dente.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet on medium high heat. Add the chicken and pan-fry for several minutes on each side. You want the chicken to be cooked and nicely browned on both sides, about 10 minutes on both sides. When the chicken is done, set aside and let it rest.
- Give the oil a few minutes to cool, then add the tomatoes, oregano, onion powder and red pepper flakes. Simmer on medium low to cook the tomatoes down into a chunky sauce mixture. Add the garlic and butter and stir to combine until the butter is melted. If you don’t like chunky sauce, blend it on high for 2 minutes, then return it to the skillet.
- Add the chicken back in to the skillet, cook on low and allow the chicken to take in the sauce’s flavor. Simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Pour pasta in a large bowl and top with mozzarella cheese. Then stir basil into sauce and serve over pasta. Top with additional basil shreds and Parmesan cheese to make an artful presentation!